Employer-led Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Fund: 2020 Funding Conditions
The ITF has analysed the changes in TEC funding conditions from 2019 to 2020, including for the Employer-led Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Fund.
(References below are to 2020 conditions document)
Purpose of the fund
The purpose of funding literacy and numeracy provision is to:
(a) raise adults’ literacy and numeracy skills; and
(b) increase opportunities for adults to engage in literacy and numeracy learning, particularly for those in low-skilled employment; and
(c) improve the quality and relevance of provision, including the ability to identify learner need and learning gain.
The purposes of the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy (WLN) Fund are to:
(a) increase the literacy and numeracy skills of employees; and
(b) contribute to workplace productivity through the provision and evaluation of literacy and numeracy learning in a workplace context.
The purposes can be achieved by:
(a) providing programmes of workplace literacy and numeracy training to employees; and
(b) supporting workplaces to establish workplace literacy and numeracy provision.
Changes to conditions from 2019 to 2020
- The option to use an alternative to the on-line adapative LNAAT tool has been removed. 1(b)(i)
- It is now specified that learners enrolled full-time in secondary school are ineligible. 2.1(d)ii
- Industry trainees enrolled in a programme at Level 3 are now eligible (previously only L1-2). 2.1(d)iv
- Reference to modern apprenticeships has been removed as there are no new modern apprentices. 2.1(d)(v)
- Contributing to the Government priority around Literacy and Numeracy Skills Development is no longer a condition of programme eligibility, as this references the previous Government’s Tertiary Education Strategy 2014-19. 5(a)
- There is now a requirement to notify TEC if it is expected that deliverables will not be met. 8(a)
- The phrase ‘TEOs’ is replaced by ‘you’ in several places throughout the document.